Now that open enrollment has officially kicked off; it is time for Floridians to research their plan options for 2018. Florida has the highest exchange enrollment in the country with 1,760,025 enrolling through the health insurance florida market.
Finding inexpensive individual health insurance in Florida can be a real chore. Here’s how to get reasonable health insurance florida with a top-rated company the easy way.
Types of Insurance
There are sometypes of individual health insurance plans in Florida. These include:
Indemnity plans – These plans cover your doctor bills, hospital fees, and prescriptions drug costs, and allow you to use a doctor or hospital of your choosing. These are the most expensive health insurance florida plans.
Managed health care plans – These plans also pay for your doctor bills, hospital fees, and prescription drugs. With these plans you are assigned to a group of health care providers who are responsible for your care. Some of these plans allow you to use a doctor of your choosing, but you’ll pay a slightly higher fee. These are the cheapest comprehensive medical plans.
- Major medical plans – These plans cover your doctor bills, surgery costs, and hospital fees for catastrophic illnesses like cancer and heart disease.
- Hospital and surgery plans – These plans cover hospital related expenses only such as doctor fees, room and board, surgical fees, X-rays, lab tests, etc.
- Short term plans – These plans cover your doctor bills, hospital fees, and prescription drug costs for a specified amount of time.
- Home health care plans – These plans cover your assisted living and nursing expenses so you can remain living in your home.
- Specified disease plans – These plans cover your medical expenses for specific diseases such as cancer, AIDS, and heart disease.
- Accident only plans – These plans cover your doctor bills, surgicalexpenses, and hospital fees after you’vebeen injured.
Specialized plans are usually much cheaper than comprehensive plans because you are only purchasing limited coverage.
How to Get the Best Rate
To get the best health insurance florida rate you first need to decide which plan is best for your situation, then get rate quotes for that type of plan from various insurance companies. The easiest and quickest way to do that is at an insurance comparison website where you can get quotes from multiple A-rated companies in one place.
The Florida state health insurance program also covers “federally eligible individuals” – chiefly, those individuals who’ve accrued a total of 18 months of creditable coverage and have not had more than a 90-day gap between coverage – as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA). To check whether you qualify as a federally eligible individual, please consult the HIPPA website. This health insurance florida is specifically designed for individuals who’ve lost their employment and thus, are without coverage
Always visit http://www.alliance321.com/ for more informations and help.